School List Help - 3.8, 522

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnonPanda1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I posted a while back but I finally got an MCAT and a school list.
I just wanted to make sure my school list was okay. It feels too top heavy and a little bit long. Did I miss any schools known for generous financial aid? I'm not the most well-off...

cGPA: 3.85, sGPA: 3.9, East Asian, NY, top 40 for undergrad, traditional applicant
MCAT: 522

Basic science research for >1000 hours. 1 first author published (not a great journal though), 1 presentation, 1 undergrad presentation, 1 abstract published (manuscript under development), 1 undergrad abstract published.

Clinical research for ~500 hours. 5 presentations, manuscript accepted pending revisions.
Spent half the time running my own research projects, the other half actually talking to the patient to keep them company. It was nice.

Won a few undergraduate grants/awards, an external grant/award from a charity, and an award for a clinical research presentation. Dean's List too.

Shadowed for ~400 hours, neurosurgery, urology, OB/GYN, interventional radiology, anesthesiology

Founder of my own 501(c)(3) charity, we use technology to help the impoverished, the elderly, and the intellectually disabled. We create computer labs and teach computer literacy. Donate food and money to food banks and other charities via fundraising with tech. Also, probono tech support ~1000 hours.

In charge of approving research grants for freshmen and sophomores at my institution. ~25 hours (Is it even worth putting on?)

Was in charge of allocating and approving use of my residence hall's activity budget (5 figures) along with holding meetings, running fundraisers for charity and coordinating events for the residence hall. ~200 hours

Worked as a Campus Representative for a test prep company to make ends meet. ~200 hours

I run my own tutoring and pre-health advising (I know, it's ironic) organization with medical, dental and undergraduate students working under me. ~100 hours

School List:
Albert Einstein
Columbia
Harvard
Hofstra
Mayo
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Upstate
SUNY Stony Brook
SUNY Buffalo
Weill Cornell
NYU