School List Help: 3.97/4.0 515

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tcatr

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UCI accepts few non residents with no connection to the state. You should receive several interviews from the rest of your list.

Reactions: 1 user
UCI accepts few non residents with no connection to the state. You should receive several interviews from the rest of your list.
My grandparents live in Southern California. Thank you for the feedback!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would appreciate help on my school list, think it might be too top heavy. Thanks so much!
  1. cGPA and sGPA: 3.97/4.0
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 515: 131/126/129/129
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): UT
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: White.
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Well known private university in my state of residence
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 250 hours as a Spanish interpreter at a free medical clinic
  7. Research experience and productivity: 700 hours in one lab, poster presentation and pending publication. Leader of research group. Helped develop a cream to treat osteoarthritis that is on the market.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: ~60 hours, 3 specialties
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 100 hours with Million Hearts, working to improve the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension. 70 hours making crafts with children who have chronic medical disabilities. 250 hours leading a humanitarian trip to Cape Verde.
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): 300 hours of leadership while on a mission for my church.
  11. Other info: I speak Spanish.

U of Utah
Mayo-AZ
Northwestern
Mt. Sinai
UVA
UCSF
Duke
UCLA
Baylor
Michigan
Case Western
BU
Pitt
Ohio St.
UCSD
Hofstra
Brown
Cincinnati
UCI
USC
Einstein
Darmouth
Stony Brook
Rochester
Emory
Tufts
Sidney Kimmel
Georgetown
GW
Temple
Tulane
Colorado
Here is a more realistic list:
U UT
U CO (maybe)
Mt Sinai
U VA
Mayo (maybe)
U MI
Case
U VM
U IA
U Toledo
USF Morsani
OH State
UCF
U Cincy
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
Seton Hall
MCW
Loyola
Emory
BU
Duke
Pitt
Hofstra
Tufts
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD

Reactions: 1 user