Would appreciate help on my school list, think it might be too top heavy. Thanks so much!
- cGPA and sGPA: 3.97/4.0
- MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 515: 131/126/129/129
- State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): UT
- Ethnicity and/or race: White.
- Undergraduate institution or category: Well known private university in my state of residence
- Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 250 hours as a Spanish interpreter at a free medical clinic
- Research experience and productivity: 700 hours in one lab, poster presentation and pending publication. Leader of research group. Helped develop a cream to treat osteoarthritis that is on the market.
- Shadowing experience and specialties represented: ~60 hours, 3 specialties
- Non-clinical volunteering: 100 hours with Million Hearts, working to improve the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension. 70 hours making crafts with children who have chronic medical disabilities. 250 hours leading a humanitarian trip to Cape Verde.
- Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): 300 hours of leadership while on a mission for my church.
- Other info: I speak Spanish.
U of Utah