School List Help? 34R MCAT, 3.77 cGPA, 3.69 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scruffy821

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm looking for help with my list of schools to apply to. I have a 34R (12/11/11) MCAT, 3.77 cGPA, and 3.69 sGPA at a rigorous undergraduate school, IL resident.

Here's a tentative list. Let me know your thoughts! I should probably cut some down.
* - has MD/MPH program

Reach Schools:
Baylor*
Brown
Emory*
Duke
Dartmouth*
Northwestern*
Stanford*

Other Schools:
New York Medical College*
SLU*
GWU
Boston University*
Georgetown
Tufts*

Illinois State Schools:
Rosalind Franklin University
Rush
SIU
Loyola
UIC*

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! Your list looks good. My gpa/MCAT was similar to yours so I think with your list you would get a good number of interviews! I would add some more "safety" schools I.e. penn state, uvm (and other OOS friendly state schools).

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback! Do you think my list is a little too top-heavy? Should I cut out some of my reach schools? I just can't tell because I feel like a 34R is kinda borderline in that sense...

Also, does anyone think that there are schools that I should be considering, if I am interested in MD/MPH programs and in general, leadership in the field of medicine?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's sound advice! Yeah, I guess I was just not expecting my score (was seriously expecting a 30-32 at best), so I'm still so confused by myself when I put schools like Stanford on my list, baha. And yeah, I'll check out your thread!

I got into Northwestern with a 34R so go for the reach schools!

I like to err on the safe side, so I would include some more lower-tier choices. I was told that having about 1/3 of your schools as "reach" is a good proportion.

That makes sense. Would it be too much to apply to 20 schools in total, with my stats?

Thanks for the feedback! Do you think my list is a little too top-heavy? Should I cut out some of my reach schools? I just can't tell because I feel like a 34R is kinda borderline in that sense...

Also, does anyone think that there are schools that I should be considering, if I am interested in MD/MPH programs and in general, leadership in the field of medicine?

Duke and Stanford (and I'm sure some of your other reach schools) seem to really value research, especially publications. Just something to keep in mind.