School list help - 36 MCAT 3.8 cGPA 3.7 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thelemming

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get my application set to submit ASAP, but I'm having trouble with my school list. A lot of the top schools are very enticing because of program quality/financial aid/location but I'd like to add some middle-of-the-range schools that aren't abhorrently expensive.

State of Residence: GA, going to school here cause it's free

GPA: 3.8 cumulative, 3.7 science (being a math major dragged down the sGPA)

MCAT: 12PS/12VR/12BS

ECs:
- President of intercollegiate club sports team, the club and leadership absorb most of my time
- 450+ hours of research, including volunteering, a summer research internship, and a university independent research course
- 80 hours of shadowing, mostly surgery but a variety of specialities
- 300+ hours working as a medical technician (father's solo private practice, unfortunately, but a fantastic experience that really convinced me that medicine was what I wanted to do)
- 60 hours volunteer tutoring, some leadership
- Work 10hrs/week as university recreational sports staff

Here's the schools I will definitely apply to:
Medical College of Georgia
Emory
Baylor
Stanford
Case Western (the CCLM program in particular seems awesome, but a looong shot)

There are OOS middle range places I'm considering:
Oregon
University of South Florida Morsani
UMaryland
UMiami (Miller)
UNC
University of Washington

I'm partial to coastal areas, but my priority to have a few obtainable schools on my list that don't charge too much for being obtainable. I'd really like to graduate with as little debt as possible. I have MSAR and everything, but I'd really like to hear y'all's opinions.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.