simpson33

2+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
-Year in school: Senior. Taking extra semester to finish my football career then scribe in the spring

-Country/ state of residence: MO. Currently at school in IA

-Race: White male

-cGPA: 3.88

-sGPA: 3.9

-Mcat: 504 (126/124/128/126) -> 513 (127/128/129/129)

-Research: 900 in microbiology. Publication in low-level journal. 100 hours at undergrad in designing both automated laboratory technology and crowd-sourcing drug design

-Clinical volunteering: Weak point of my app. Playing sports + other ECs made this very difficult to find time for

-Clinical Hours: I start scribing here in a couple weeks. I expect to have around 150 by primary submission and then over 1000 at least by matriculation

-Non-clinical: Advertising chair for a school event promoting HPV testing and awareness (30 hours). Best buddies (75 hours). Worked with football team yearly to dedicate time to cleaning and restoring a local summer day-camp facility (40 hours)

-Physician shadowing: 40 hours shadowing an orthopedic surgeon

-Extracurricular activities: Member of college football team. 3x team captain. Member of campus Pre-Health Society. Member of Tri-Beta Honors Society

-Teaching Experience: On-campus tutor for biology, biochemistry, microbiology, human physiology, cell biology, gen chem and orgo. Designed Pre-Med guide for undergraduates giving advice on required coursework, research, ECs, taking the MCAT, and applying. TA for human biology and orgo labs. Will begin MCAT tutoring w/ Kaplan after the football season this year

-Hobbies: Fishing. Weightlifting. Play guitar in a band and w/ local church

-Awards: 2x leadership award for university football team. Tutor of the month. Outstanding senior in biology for undergrad. Dean’s list: 4x. President’s List: 3x

-Work experience: Golf course attendant (2012-2015). Work studies: weight room fitness center help desk, tutoring, TA. Undergraduate researcher at a medical school. Bout to begin scribing here in a month

-Specialty of interest: Orthopedic surgery is definitely something I have experience with and found fascinating, but otherwise very open

-Interest in rural health: Not particularly

-School list:

Target:

University of Missouri

University of Kansas (born there and have extensive family ties)

University of Iowa

Creighton

SLU

USUHS

UMKC (connections, I know they’re not traditional)

Tulane

University of Arizona-Tuscon

Reach:

USC

UCLA

Dartmouth

A little background: I began applying last year but ended up tearing my ACL in the summer before I got verified. Not sure if that makes me a reapplicant, but I was never verified. Anyways, over this last year I redshirted my football season, retook the MCAT and improved significantly, and focused heavily on building this Pre-Med guide for my undergrad while being a team captain for my university's football team. I am looking to build my school list and, even though I know it's a crazy long shot, live close to my SO of 5 years who is a professional dancer in LA. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
You have a good list and should receive interviews. I suggest adding a few more schools such as:
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
NOVA MD

Reactions: 1 user

simpson33

2+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
You have a good list and should receive interviews. I suggest adding a few more schools such as:
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
NOVA MD
Awesome. Thank you!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.