I think that you're aiming too low. I suggest:Please don't quote-----------
I know I'm late but I'm determined to submit by the end of the month for the ongoing cycle. Please advise!
The school list I have so far is:
- cGPA and sGPA: 3.75/3.71 economics (graduated this summer)
- MCAT score(s) and breakdown: July 2017 -> 516 (130/129/127(!)/130)
- State of residence: HI
- Ethnicity and/or race: East Asian
- Undergraduate institution: IS flagship
- Clinical experience: 200+ hrs Dept. of Health clinical internship; 300+ clinical research in West Africa; ~50 generic hospital; ~50 homeless psychiatric shelter (ongoing)
- Research experience: 1 third author pub in psychiatry, 1 poster + several oral presentations in immunology; non-clinical Smithsonian research internship for a semester; ~100 hours of Economics research that didn't result in much
- Shadowing experience: ~50 hours (primary care, surgery, infectious disease)
- Other extracurriculars: Founded global health club + raised money for causes; vice-president of school governing board; created a tracking app for Dept of Health; member of leadership group organized by geopolitics security think tank; student govt representative, etc.
- Relevant honors or awards: Phi Beta Kappa, 3 department honors, study abroad scholarships, various intramural merit scholarships;
- Anything else?: socioeconomically disadvantaged; demonstrated interest in indigenous health
I would greatly appreciate input.