DO School List (Help me narrow it down!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afutureDO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me narrow down my school list?

My stats are:
Cumulative GPA: 3.49
Science GPA: 3.32
MCAT: (awaiting score in late September, but expecting between 26-28)

Schools:

ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
AZCOM
CCOM
DMU
KCUMB
LECOM Bradenton
LECOM Erie + Seton Hill
LMUDCOM
MUCOM
OUCOM
RowanSOM (NJ Resident)
RVUCOM
Touro's (All three)
UNECOM
VCOM-VC
Western Pomona

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hard to narrow down your school list when we don't know your MCAT score. How are your ECs? Do you have a DO LOR?

I suggest you update this thread after you have your MCAT score.

If you are a NJ resident, I don't recommend you apply to OUCOM.

Pretty good ECs-- many volunteer, leadership, and ED scribe hours. I do have a DO letter. I was thinking of sending my primary before my MCAT score is released, should I wait?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty good ECs-- many volunteer, leadership, and ED scribe hours. I do have a DO letter. I was thinking of sending my primary before my MCAT score is released, should I wait?

I think you should wait because your school selection will largely depend on your MCAT score. However, if you want to save time and have your AACOMAS verified, just pick one school for now and submit your primary. Add the rest of your schools after receiving your MCAT scores.

@afutureDO You can keep your list with 27+... less than that (24-26), remove DMU, CCOM, AZCOM and Touro (NY, CA). Retake if you get <24.

Reactions: 1 user
So, my MCAT score overall is 26 (VR 11, PS 7, BS 8) with Cumulative GPA: 3.49 and Science GPA: 3.32.

ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
CUSOM
DMU
KCUMB
LECOM Bradenton
LECOM Erie + Seton Hill
LMUDCOM
MUCOM
OUCOM
RowanSOM (NJ Resident)
RVUCOM