Apr 21, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
I am wondering if my list is well-rounded enough? Are there any you suggest getting rid of or adding? Thank you everyone for your help and advice!
  • State/Country of Residence: Kentucky
  • Ties to other States/Regions: Florida, Wisconsin
  • Year in School: Junior
  • Undergraduate Major(s)/Minor(s): Vocal performance (Bachelors of Music) with minors in biology and chemistry
  • Graduate Degrees (if applicable): N/A
  • Cumulative GPA: 3.99
  • Science GPA: 3.99
  • MCAT Score(s): 516 (129/130/127/130)
  • Research Experience: 1 year in clinical psychology (promoted from individual study student to research assistant), 2 semesters in linguistic psychology with second author paper, current research in muscular biophysics with third author paper (~600 hours total)
  • Publications/Abstracts/Posters (include how you were credited e.g. First author, second author, etc.): first author poster presented at two conferences on pediatric psychology, second author paper in Memory and Cognition, third author paper in Journal of Cell Muscle Research and Cell Motility
  • Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer): ~150 hours volunteering at hospital, ~150 hours at daycare for kids with mental and physical disabilities, ~30 hours sing for patients undergoing chemotherapy
  • Physician Shadowing: (~130 total hours) pediatrics, electrophysiology, interventional cardiology, internal medicine, pathology, neonatology
  • Non-Clinical Volunteering: I am the National Projects Manager of a 501(c)(3) non-profit (500 hours) that provides artistic and musical opportunities to underserved populations, created the Arts for Alzheimer's project at a hospital (100 hours), leadership- president of the chapter of this non-profit at my university
  • Other Extracurricular Activities: Being a music major, I have participated in musical theatre and opera productions (600 hours). I also sing in choir which goes on tours abroad (100 hours). I have won many vocal performance awards for both musical theatre and opera.
  • Other Employment History: Worked on an organic farm for two summers (480 hours), work part-time as a babysitter (200 hours), worked at a summer camp for children with special needs as a substitute music therapist (80 hours)
  • *LORS: have great letters from music faculty, organic chemistry professor and laboratory professor, all research mentors, volunteering program director, two physicians, and prominent English professor from a Shakespeare class
  • Immediate family members in medicine? (Y/N): Uncle is OBGYN, close family friend OBGYN
  • Specialty of Interest (if applicable): pediatrics or cardiology
  • Interest in Primary Care (Y/N): possibly
  • Interest in Rural Health (Y/N): N (more interest in urban health)
  • Medical School List:
  • UChicago
  • Columbia
  • Harvard
  • University of Michigan (connection)
  • University of Kentucky (state school)
  • University of Louisville (state school)
  • Boston University
  • University of Cincinnati
  • Ohio State
  • Duke
  • Emory
  • University of Wisconsin- Madison (family connection)
  • Vanderbilt
  • Brown
  • Northwestern
  • NYU
  • Stanford
  • Mayo Clinic (family connection)
  • University of Pittsburgh
  • UCSF
  • Yale
  • UPenn
  • Cornell
  • Case Western
  • UF (connection)
  • Tufts

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add any of these schools:
Rochester
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis

Reactions: music-medicine
About the Ads