School list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callisto777

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a great, well rounded application and a good list. I'd say though to add Toledo and Neomed, as you're in state. Otherwise you'll be fine.

Thank you! Will do! Also, what do you think about my current job (vaccine scheduler) and volunteer work (helping pts schedule referral appts) would those go under non-clinical job and non-clinical volunteering. I feel like they are between non-clinical and clinical and don't know how to designate them in amcas. thanks!

Can you describe the experience a bit? What do you mean by FQHC? If you were assisting patients in a clinical setting, then it's probably okay to designate it as clinical.

You have plenty of "real" clinical experience through hospital volunteering, even if most of it was done during high school, because you continued it throughout college - it's not like those experiences vanish and don't inform your insight into medicine just because you were younger. Along with that, your gap year MA position will give lots to write and talk about during interviews. And your shadowing is more than adequate. So I think you'll be alright there as long as you can write and talk intelligently about your clinical experiences and how they informed you for a career in medicine.

Yes of course! It is a federally qualified health center (family med clinic). I volunteer and work there.

For the volunteering: For part of the time, I was in the clinic (before covid). I would get patient availability on the phone and in-person and then call different providers to schedule the pt referral appt. I also help schedule transportation for the pt if needed and also take insurance status into account to find providers. After covid, I was volunteering remotely -- still directly working with pts, but 100% on the phone.

For my job: I work at the clinic (in person) but am in an office. I call patients (patient outreach to try and get them to get the vaccine) and also create charts for non-patients in Athena to schedule them for the covid-19 vaccine. Involves talking on the phone with patients and using an electronic medical record to schedule them and input demographic info.

And thank you so much, that makes a lot of sense. :)

I suppose the first paragraph is okay to be called clinical. If patient transporter can be classified as clinical, so can that.