school list help please: MD/DO cGPA3.4/515 MCAT ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roro420

Reaction score
1. 3.4 cGPA , 3.3 sGPA(upward trend last two years), MCAT 515(2nd attempt) 503(1st attempt); Graduated May 2020 with Biochemistry BSc and Computer Science Minor; FL resident and ORM
2. research --- 2 years of research experience in Biochemistry lab with undergrad thesis publication and multiple poster presentations
3. employment --- 500 hours as a clinical research coordinator (patient care experience and currently working on coordinating trials for the Novavax vaccine); 150 hours as an Unpaid and Paid Teaching Assistant positions for Biochemistry 1 and 2 where I led other TA's for 2 years;
4. clinical volunteering --- 50 hours of volunteering for a clinic that treats the local underserved population, 100-200 hours of volunteering for hospice care
5. non-clinical volunteering ---400 hours of volunteering at a local nonprofit thrift shop that helps provide skills needed for the workforce for those with mental disabilities(a member of the executive board as well); 100 hours of volunteering for a food drive
6. 100 hours of shadowing 3 different MD physicians

Any help with a school list would be gratefully appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Florida State
U Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
George Washington
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Also apply broadly to DO schools and I suggest these:
LECOM (all schools)
AZCOM
TUNCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
PCOM (all schools)
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe0
ACOM

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Florida State
U Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
George Washington
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Also apply broadly to DO schools and I suggest these:
LECOM (all schools)
AZCOM
TUNCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
PCOM (all schools)
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe0
ACOM
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll be sure to apply to all of the schools you have mentioned. Would applying to USF morsani and NOVA DO be throwing money away with my stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll be sure to apply to all of the schools you have mentioned. Would applying to USF morsani and NOVA DO be throwing money away with my stats?
USF Morsani is a reach with your GPA. NOVA DO is fine.

Reactions: 1 users
@Goro Would you have any suggestions for DO schools? I'm in the process of finalizing my list and wanted to add a couple more DO schools to the list that FAHA has kindly provided.