School list help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdirnfueu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • cGPA: 3.91 sGPA: 3.92
  • MCAT: 516 (95th%) CP: 130 CARS: 129 PS: 128 BBC: 129
  • State: Michigan
  • Undergrad: HYPSM
  • Major: Biology
  • Year: Junior
  • Race: East Asian
  • Shadowing: Shadowed in multiple departments, should have around 200, one physician is writing a rec for me
  • Clinical Exp.: Around 200 hours logged at hospital, and around 100 at a small clinic.
  • Leadership: Three president titles in very active campus organizations, improved outcomes significantly
  • Research: Three straight years of research with a fairly famous lab but didn't publish first project. On my second project right now.
  • Nonclinical Vol.: A teaching program in math and science.
School list: The top 10 + Pritzker Michigan Pitt Cornell Northwestern Mayo Case Boston Emory USC Dartmouth and Brown. I'd feel really good about applying to all these if it wasn't for my MCAT, which is at or below average for pretty much all these schools. What do you think of the school list? Would my strong activities and leadership / undergrad bias make up for the low MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why are you not applying to your other Michigan schools? You need a few "safeties" so add Wayne State, Michigan State, Central Michigan, Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan. You could receive interviews at the schools on your list but they are all very competitive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys, I am definitely going to apply to the state schools as well.
I also had a question on the primary submission - if you submit your application on the first day, you get verified faster, which means that you receive secondaries faster right?