School List High Stat Average EC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ace722

Reaction score
Would appreciate some help adding/taking off some schools from my school list. Right now at 35 but would like to be 30 or under

Asian; VA state school
GPA/MCAT: 3.9/522
Research: 1000+ hours with 1 poster and potentially one pub by matriculation
Clinical: 300 hours hospital volunteering (500 by matriculation)
Non-clinical: 250 hours (350 by matriculation)
Shadowing: 60 hours
Random: was an RA, TA, and on a club sports team (went to nationals)

List:
State: UVA, VTech, VCU, EVMS
Reach: Harvard, UCSF, UPenn, WashU, Yale, Columbia, Duke, Chicago, Stanford, Cornell, Mt. Sinai, Michigan, UCSD, Pitt, Northwestern, NYU, Vandy, Hopkins
High/Mid: Boston, Einstein, Ohio State, Stony Brook, UMass, Sidney Kimmel, Case, Emory, UMD, Hofstra, Georgetown, George Washington, Tufts

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Remove UMass, UCSD, Stony Brook unless you have some strong connection to those states.
Keep UMass! They have expanded class size to take more OOS students (I think about 1/3 of the class).

Keep UMass! They have expanded class size to take more OOS students (I think about 1/3 of the class).
Some of those "OOS" applicants have actually been living in MA for several years or attended undergraduate school there but do not meet the stringent requirements to claim MA residency.

Some of those "OOS" applicants have actually been living in MA for several years or attended undergraduate school there but do not meet the stringent requirements to claim MA residency.
Some, but by no means all! They take plenty with no connection, but with high stats.

The OP would like to take off 5 schools at least. UCSD and a few Ivies they aren't particularly fond of would be a good way to trim it down.

Reactions: 1 user