School list URM 514 cGPA 3.38

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetome1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Regardless of whether or not you qualify for URM status I would include all NY schools(NYMC, Hofstra in particular), Quinnipac and Tufts. Maybe Boston U, GW and Georgetown also if you want to stay on the relative east coast vicinity. If you aren't applying until next cycle Seton Hall might also be worth consideration( don't know about how open they are to OOS applicants)

Haha not park slope, brooklynite though! I am a low income student to the max (think EFC for college = 0) also a black woman if that was what you are getting at.
Yes thats where they are getting at .. You are golden , Black, woman and amazing MCAT .. As a fellow poor black New Yorker I wish you the best of luck and a very successful cycle .

Reactions: 1 user
Hofstra

I know you wanna stay in the big Apple but give some schools outside of NYS a shot. You'll most likely qualify for Financial Aid for AMCAS so you can have 15 schools for free. With all NYS schools and Philly, you'll be at 13. Thsee are schools I'd pick for the last 2 free applications

Any HBCU
wright state if you have shown commitment to underserved communities
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Tulane
UCLA or UCSF if you're feeling lucky
Tufts/ "Bawstun"
Emory??

Irregardless luck to you, OP

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for everyone's input and advice! Greatly appreciate it.

Add any PA school, Netter, BU, and Tufts as well. Agree with mop, but also consider IU and WVU, as some of my African-American "advisees" who are OOS for those states have gotten IIs from them.

I should probably retract Tulane because it focuses on nonclinical community service after clinical experience - likewise with Quinnipiac

Last edited by a moderator: