1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

School Rankings

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Wahoo, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Wahoo

Wahoo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    At an interview recently, an admissions officer mentioned that his school was ranked among the top 10 medical schools for student happiness. Is there really a "student happiness" rank list out there? Any other random ranking lists people know of?
    Obviously I'm not going to base a decision on a subjective ranking that a school receives, but the more information the better!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

the princeton review puts out random rankings like this, including the 'student happiness' one. what school was it, out of curiosity? i'd definitely like to go to one where the students are happy to be there!

4. Sababa

Sababa Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sandflea,
    Do you have a link to these rankings online?

5. K271

K271 Member
    7+ Year Member

I have a link to the party rankings... there are links to the other rankings on the left column. -K

Party Rankings

6. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Was that school Vanderbilt by any chance? It seems like when I was there a couple of people mentioned that Vandy finished #1 in the country in student approval/happiness for the last several years.

7. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

what i heard is that rush was voted #1 in student happiness for many years in a row. i have friends there and everyone raves about the supportive atmosphere.

that link above takes you to the college rankings. i looked quickly and couldn't find the rankings for med schools on the PR website, but i know that they publish them in the PR med school book.

8. Wahoo

Wahoo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sorry I started the thread and then ignored it, but I just got back in from out of town. My memory is actually a bit foggy, but I believe the school with such great student happiness (according to the dean) was Cornell.
    Thanks for your responses everybody!