School Rep.

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by nascentdoc, Apr 16, 2004.

1. nascentdoc

nascentdoc Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm new at this so I'll try not to sound too much like a dilettante. I'm a bit dubious about the medical school I'll be attending this upcoming fall (Rush Medical College). Although I like it, generaly speaking (I'm yet to begin), I'm not so sure it carries a reputable enough name. I also know that Rush has great teaching hospitals, which only aggrendizes this dilema. Can anyone tell me to what extent reputation matters. Thanks.
    nascentdoc

2. rushmed2008

rushmed2008 New Member

hey,

as your future classmate, i also dont have official knowledge, but from what i've heard, Rush holds a good enough name around the midwest (and definitely chicago)... as far as elsewhere, i'm not sure i can say the same thing. I mean they do match on the coasts each year, so it's definitely doable... but in terms of residency it seems that going to Rush will be great if you want to stay in chicago/the midwest and if you want to do well grades and tests wise then elsewhere, while maybe more difficult, isn't completely out of the question.

3. nascentdoc

nascentdoc Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks for replying. What do you think about the no gym deal? That totally blows.

4. rushmed2008

rushmed2008 New Member

ya, that's a negative... but i just remember that i'll sacrafice a gym or maybe a few more inclass hours (another complaint about rush is there's too much inclass time) to be in chicago rather than carbondale or some other.... um.... "rural wonderland"

(no offense to SIU students... i'm just a city guy that's all)