School stationary for LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Revilla

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many med schools require this? What happens if you're using a letter-writing service like Interfolio? Is it still a requirement the original be written on school stationary? And if so, do I need to have my writers re-print and re-send their letters? I didn't tell them to use school stationary since they were being sent to Interfolio and a few of them have already sent their letters in.

Members don't see this ad.

Professors usually know the drill. I always write my LORs on school stationary. No professor would just write them on plain paper.

Yeah, professors should know that anyway if they've ever written one before. Interfolio merely collects the letters and sends them to schools in PDF format I believe without modifying them in any way. They need to be on school stationary...med schools would be suspicious if they received a plain letter. You can have your professors put the letters on stationary, and then re-send them to Interfolio after you've retired (deleted) their previous letters on the website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys! Let's hope they all know.

How many med schools require this? What happens if you're using a letter-writing service like Interfolio? Is it still a requirement the original be written on school stationary? And if so, do I need to have my writers re-print and re-send their letters? I didn't tell them to use school stationary since they were being sent to Interfolio and a few of them have already sent their letters in.

We do not accept any LORs (from Interfolio or other letter repository services) that are not on letterhead. Most schools have this requirement and most letter writers know about this. If you intend to use any letters as a LOR, make sure that the writer knows that they need to be on letterhead.

We do not accept any LORs (from Interfolio or other letter repository services) that are not on letterhead. Most schools have this requirement and most letter writers know about this. If you intend to use any letters as a LOR, make sure that the writer knows that they need to be on letterhead.

What do you do if you get a letter that isn't on letterhead? Do you trash it and reject the student or do you ask the student for another LOR?

Some of my letters have already been sent to Interfolio and are ready to go so I'm trying to decide how to rectify this on the off-chance that one of my professors didn't put it on letterhead.