Schools are taking awhile to make a decision? Any thoughts on what it means?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psyduck_0

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two schools i'm waiting on a decision from. One of which I know already sent out acceptances from my interview day. I haven't been contacted at all. Does this mean imminent rejection? Waitlist? Are they waiting to interview more students and then reconsider me? At this point I just would like an answer so I may move forth with plans or not. The waiting game is tiring. Any thoughts at all would be helpful. Anyone been in a similar situation and can share what happened with your experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same situation as you. I wish the schools would at least send an email saying if they are still considering us or not. I'm thinking about calling but dont want to seem pushy. Best of luck to you!

Does not mean imminent rejection. They are still considering you. You cannot tell at this point if they reject you, waitlist you, or accept you. Unfortunately, you have to continue waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same situation as you. I wish the schools would at least send an email saying if they are still considering us or not. I'm thinking about calling but dont want to seem pushy. Best of luck to you!
I also feared calling would be received negatively. Best of luck to you too, hopefully we find out soon!

I also feared calling would be received negatively. Best of luck to you too, hopefully we find out soon!
Good luck to you- I'm feeling the worry, as well, and I've got crazy high stats in a few areas (mostly special attack and speed).

Sorry, can't resist a Pokemon joke...

But forreal, it's nerve-wracking for everyone, so do what you can, then tell your brain that you've done all that you can do so it needs to relax. That's what I'm telling mine! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I am in the same situation, with just about all the schools I have applied to, except one that I had an interview at. Waiting SUCKS, but I am trying to see it as a positive.

Has anyone called or emailed? I want to but not sure what to say and fear it comes off as pushy as mentioned before. Do you think they're waiting to see my Fall semester's grades?

I have emailed a few asking if they required anything else from my application and then i threw in a what is the status question. It seems to have been received well but their msg as to the status is to keep waiting basically