Schools Filtering Due to Individual Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Numba1Plumma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Medical schools filter out applicants via mcat scores and gpas but do any of you have any thoughts on whether or not they reject an applicant because of a particular grade. For instance, I have a competitive gpa but I have an F from a community college class that I took three years ago. I'm going to report it of course, but was just wondering if the failing grade will result in me being automatically rejected even though my gpa is competitive. Any comments are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I hadn't known this.
Does anyone know whether they crop out GPA by cGPA and/or sGPA???
My sGPA is higher than cGPA

Please let me know!

Medical schools filter out applicants via mcat scores and gpas but do any of you have any thoughts on whether or not they reject an applicant because of a particular grade. For instance, I have a competitive gpa but I have an F from a community college class that I took three years ago. I'm going to report it of course, but was just wondering if the failing grade will result in me being automatically rejected even though my gpa is competitive. Any comments are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, man.

Just pretend you are them for a second. I definitely would not automatically throw out someone's application because they had an F in a course three years ago.

I had two Ds on my transcript and didn't have a problem.