1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Schools in CA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by MaybeMD, Oct 23, 2002.

1. MaybeMD

MaybeMD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

First of all just because my username is MaybeMD doesn't mean that I am committed to a MD. I just thought that it was pretty clever. Anyway, I would like to know how many Osteopathic Schools are in CA? Also, are they good schools? Thanks! Please excuse my obvious lack of knowledge on the subject.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SoCal

SoCal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

There are 2 DO schools in CA. Western University College of Osteopathic Medicine Pacific, is in Pomona, which is about 30 miles east of LA. The second school, is Touro University, in Vallejo CA. Vallejo is in the Bay area, about 5-10 miles from Nappa Valley. They are both excellent schools. I have applied to both. I have been accepted at Western, and will hear from Touro in about a week. Do a search on this forum to find out more about the schools, or PM me if you want more info. Good luck!

4. Bmblee888

Bmblee888 Member
    7+ Year Member

SoCal, I sent you a PM

5. SoCal

SoCal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

where in SD. I sent you a PM back...I'm in Pacific Beach.