schools interviewing for waitlist spots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gellybean

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which schools have filled their classes and are now interviewing for waitlist spots?

Members don't see this ad.

Loyola too. They invited me for an interview and I was about to shell out massive dough for airfare, hotel, etc... when I asked them at the last minute if the class was full. They casually said "Yes." If I hadn't asked them, they were going to let me fly out there without telling me the best I could have gotten was a waitlist spot!

Members don't see this ad :)
But if you really wanted to go there..then it would still be worth it to attempt to interview for a waitlist spot..right????

I teach second grade and have been fortunate enough to have been accepted to a couple schools. I make enough to qualify for food stamps. The odds of me liking it more than the other schools are pretty slim. They know I live in D.C. so I would have to fly out there, they could have at least been up front with me that there is no chance of a direct acceptance.

Hm, I think George Washington might. The interviewer coordinator sort of hinted at it on my interview day. He said something on the lines of "If you are an extremely good candidate for our school, you'll be accepted no matter what, even if our class is full." So maybe he was telling us that we were interviewing for wait list spots...anyways, I had a great interview, awesome stats. I got on the wait list. This was mid November. I may be wrong though.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by tmla:
•Hm, I think George Washington might. The interviewer coordinator sort of hinted at it on my interview day. He said something on the lines of "If you are an extremely good candidate for our school, you'll be accepted no matter what, even if our class is full." So maybe he was telling us that we were interviewing for wait list spots...anyways, I had a great interview, awesome stats. I got on the wait list. This was mid November. I may be wrong though.•••••Yeah I got waitlisted too after interviewing in December. However, the letter sounded more like an acceptance than anything. It started like, "We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as an alternate for the class of 2006..." And it goes on to say that I should be proud of my hard work, etc. etc. Made me kind of think that waitlist was the best I could hope for... but I interviewed in DECEMBER! That shoulda still have been early enough. :confused:

that sux I'm going to a GW interview next week :( ...but they have a lot of wait list movement, so it's worth the trip (esp since I don't have any acceptances :wink:

I interviewed at GW in early September, 9/20 to be exact. I called the office the day after 9/11 to see if I could reschedule my interview b/c I was unsure if I would be able to navigate around the city. Darrell, the interview coodinator, told me that it was in my best interest, even with the circumstances, to attend my interview since they were rolling admissions and generally filled their class by early January. On my interview day, the Dean told me that GW was on schedule even with the AMCAS debacle and the mail trouble in DC because most of their applicants had sent in their AMCAS with the secondary.

They have a lot of waitlist movement. I was put on "alternate" status and received an acceptance before Christmas.

I'm bumping this up. I think this is a good thread. Does anyone know about Indiana University? :)

I hear tulane is interviewing for the waitlist

I was waitlisted at Tulane after a Feb. 1 interview.

From what I've heard recently, Michigan is currently interviewing for their waitlists...sniff, sniff, just when I'm about to go = (

Just to reiterate what the OP said - does anyone
know of any other schools currently interviewing
for wait-lists spots? If anybody would like to
add or modify existing schools be my guest.

So far:

1. Michigan
2. Tulane
3. GW
4. Kentucky
5. Loyola

Add Temple to that list. The secretary told me when I visited the office that they had filled their class with in-state acceptances and only exceptional out of staters would be offered positions, most will go on the CCL list.

So far:

GW
Kentucky
Loyola
Michigan
Temple
Tulane

bump...any others?