Schools not taking into account psychology section of new mcat?

• Thread starter LoveBeingHuman:)
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

LoveBeingHuman:)

Is this is just a few med schools or all?

I meant with an admissions counselor yesterday and she said that the admissions committee for their particulat school is, for the time being, not considering the psychology and sociology section of the MCAT until the year that 100% of applicants would have taken the new one

Members don't see this ad.

They may not consider psych/soc by itself but I will wager that they almost certainly consider the total score, of which psych/soc is 25%.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I opened this thread out of pure curiosity. Didn't even realize that there were new sections to the MCAT. Holy crap. Another moment where I realize that I'm getting old.

Is this is just a few med schools or all?

I meant with an admissions counselor yesterday and she said that the admissions committee for their particulat school is, for the time being, not considering the psychology and sociology section of the MCAT until the year that 100% of applicants would have taken the new one
Unless you hear otherwise directly from Adcoms at other schools, it would be safe to operate under the assumption that all other schools are looking at the entire test. I would even be skeptical that it's not considered at least a little bit at her school...

Reactions: 1 user