schools notorious for crazy pre meds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldenstandard2

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What schools have reputations for harboring some of the craziest pre med students???

Members don't see this ad.

depends on your definition of crazy.. ones that actually have a social life (HAHAHAHHA!)? pre-meds that spend all night in the library studying?

Members don't see this ad :)
The University of South Central Anchorage.

Yeah I have to agree on the Wash U thing. I was a grad student there in the chemistry department and some of them are just wacko. Once in the middle of a gen chem test I told them they had 5 minutes left when they had 1 hour. Everyone in the room freaked out and I had more than one person cuss at me on the way out. Aww the good old days :)

Yeah I have to agree on the Wash U thing. I was a grad student there in the chemistry department and some of them are just wacko. Once in the middle of a gen chem test I told them they had 5 minutes left when they had 1 hour. Everyone in the room freaked out and I had more than one person cuss at me on the way out. Aww the good old days :)

Why does this prove anyone is wacko?

The story doesn't prove they are wacko. I was just saying from my experiences that they are a little high strung there. Anyway the story was just to be funny. WOW

Wouldn't anyone be a little surprised if some d-bag TA did this...

Last edited:
Good to see a person with a sense of humor.

My only point is that people need to lighten up. Grades and school are not everything there is in life. Ocassionaly you just need to relax and take it easy.

Good to see a person with a sense of humor.

My only point is that people need to lighten up. Grades and school are not everything there is in life. Ocassionaly you just need to relax and take it easy.

No offense or anything but the middle of an exam those kids probably spent days gearing up for is not the time to relax. Sorry. I just don't think it's funny. :p

OP, isn't U of Chicago where fun goes to die? My pick, I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, well it was funny to me. Sorry if I made anyone mad that was not my intention just sharing a little moment of my grad school experience.

Okay, well it was funny to me. Sorry if I made anyone mad that was not my intention just sharing a little moment of my grad school experience.

Yeah, well, if one of your committee members in the middle of your general exam told you you had 5 minutes left instead of an hour, I'm pretty sure you'd be a blubbering mess on the ground, lol.

and i think the persons above me w/e school you're from wins the crazy pre-med dept for jumping down someones throat on a forum

ucla premeds are crazy arent they.

Yes, they were very crazy. UCLA sends out the most med apps per year of any school in the country. At least this was the case a few years ago. We don't get no respect because we're a public school. :D

Yes, they were very crazy. UCLA sends out the most med apps per year of any school in the country. At least this was the case a few years ago. We don't get no respect because we're a public school. :D

That title belongs to UMich now.

Last edited:

Did anyone vomit, wet their pants, and run screaming out the door, heading toward Forest Park somewhat randomly?

JOHNS HOPKINS is by far the worst I hear

with

Wash U behind it

Chemnerd, props for you. Our genetics professor did this to us and I LOL'ed because I could tell he was joking. Anyone that wants to go to medical school should be able to tell time ;).

Chemnerd, props for you. Our genetics professor did this to us and I LOL'ed because I could tell he was joking. Anyone that wants to go to medical school should be able to tell time ;).

Can I also just say WHY DON'T people wear watches to exams?!!? I HATE it when people yell, "Time!!!?" every 5 minutes because they couldn't bring themselves to buy a $5 watch at Walgreens. :rolleyes:

location doesn't matter, premeds are crazy everywhere

I've been around a lot of UC pre meds, I find them to be very creepy. I would be interested to meet some pre meds from JH, im sure they stack up pretty well.

No offense or anything but the middle of an exam those kids probably spent days gearing up for is not the time to relax. Sorry. I just don't think it's funny. :p

I can totally see the humor in it. But then again, I hardly take things as serious as everyone else. I can pretty much make a joke at any situation and can especially laugh at myself.

it seems to me that every academic institution has its own thriving population of crazy premeds

JOHNS HOPKINS is by far the worst I hear

with

Wash U behind it

That was totally the reason I didn't go there. To quote buddy the elf:

"it smells like mushrooms and everyone looked like they wanted to hurt me."

I don't know if it really smelled like mushrooms, but everyone looked to be in great despair.