schools paying for your tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

troache

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone heard of certain schools paying for your nursing tuition(due to the nursing shortage) in exchange for 2 years of work in a hospital after graduation. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ive not heard of schools paying for the tuition but I do know that some hospitals pay for school or give a monthly stipend in exchange you have to work for them for a certain period of time after you graduate. Usually you have to sign a contract that says that if you dont work for them after you graduate then you have to pay the money back.

The Nursing scholarship Program pays for tuition but you have to be accepted in the nursing program and expected to be finished in two years. Another thing, the scholarship requires that you work at a hospital in the same state for two years. They chose the hospital in which you are supposed to work.

You need to check this out.

Julie.

Troache, I think I might have seen such a thing at Sinai, but only for the last year of nursing school. It should be at their website. Last year, Stony Brook also offered tuition for your last year in exchange for a working commitment but I think it's been yanked, probably low funding :rolleyes:

Good luck!