Schools Requesting more letters: a good thing or a bad thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aluckyguy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to thirty schools this cycle, complete at all in the last week of September. Last week, a school contacted my premed advisor asking for more recommendation letters. My advisor also told me he wasn't allowed to tell me the name of the school. Is this a good thing or a bad thing for my chances at an II at this anonymous school? Also, is there any particular reason they would contact my advisor and not me directly?

Members don't see this ad.

That’s interesting. Are you sure all of your letters got to the schools? Let us know if you find anything out. Maybe some of our resident ADCOMS can explain this.

Did you send a committee letter or letter packet through your school?

Members don't see this ad :)
A similar thing happened to me in August. I went to a small UG school and there was some discrepancy on whether or not to use a committee letter. The contacted my advisor asking for more letters, then eventually contacted me. I let them know my reasoning for using a committee letter and they were cool with it, got an II a couple weeks later. It's anecdotal but still.

Reactions: 1 user