schools requesting photos....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

valuepak17

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity.... I know some schools require photos but I am curious as to if you didnt send one...will they reject you?... I wonder why is it necessary to see a picture if the admission people claim equal opportunity...oh well..not that im scary looking or anything..but im curious..

Members don't see this ad.

One answer might be that it is one tool that can be used to help insure the integrity of the application - interview - acceptance - graduation process. In short, are you the real you during all stages of the cycle? Although not fool proof, it is highly unlikley that someone would agree to be your substitute for the entire four years of dental school and then let you assume the benefits of holding a DDS/DMD degree that they had earned through hard work.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think its simply a way to put a face on an application.

Do you think it matters what the pic looks like? Cause i was planning on using my US immigration picture which Im slightly turned to the side showing my ear....cause US immigration uses the ear as a fingerprint...but you can still clearly see my face, except its not a "direct" shot....