Schools that consider your grad school GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows of schools that tend to forgive your undergrad GPA if your grad school (i.e: Masters) GPA is high enough. My Masters GPA (in biology) is 3.56 but the undergrad and cumulative are barely around 3.0 :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey dont be mad, i was in your same situation last year. I went to a masters program and recieved a ~3.7GPA in biology, my overall undergrad was 2.9 and science was a 2.8. I applied to a bunch of schools and i recieved 2 interviews (nova, indiana) and other predental students in my program with similar numbers recievedinterviews from temple, nyu,nova,arizona and usc. so there are many schools that look at grad school gpa's. and guess what we all got accepted! so keep your head up your in a great position!

I figured every school would look favorably on a masters.

Members don't see this ad :)
ib6ub9 said:
Hey dont be mad, i was in your same situation last year. I went to a masters program and recieved a ~3.7GPA in biology, my overall undergrad was 2.9 and science was a 2.8. I applied to a bunch of schools and i recieved 2 interviews (nova, indiana) and other predental students in my program with similar numbers recievedinterviews from temple, nyu,nova,arizona and usc. so there are many schools that look at grad school gpa's. and guess what we all got accepted! so keep your head up your in a great position!

Thanks for the encouragement. i have applied to all the schools you mentiones. I hope with the masters and early application i can get in somewhere. I just have to do really well on the DAT.
Do you mind sharing your DAT scores?

yeah my dat's are : 18 overall, 19 science, 16 pat. so make sure you send in everything early. best of luck!