Schools that offer PharmD/MPH dual degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lihini

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a school that offered a PharmD/MPH dual degree. My school currently offers a PharmD/MBA and a PharmD/MPA and you can also do a MD/MPH. The PharmD/MPH combination is not offered though. I am finishing my first year in the PharmD program and would like to pursue a PharmD/MPH with a emphasis on phamacoepidemiology or biostatistics if possible. But since this combination is not offered, I will have to define the dual-degree independently. I wanted to get an idea of how the curriculum would be set up at a school where this option was offered so that I can use it as a guide.
Let me know if any of you have either done this type of dual degree or know of any school that offers such a combination.
Also for the practioner's out there, in your opinion, is this a good option to pursue? My advisor pointed out that I could get the same benefit by taking the PharmD/MPA route instead. However I feel like MPH and MPA are pretty different programs and that MPH would suit my career goals better. Thanks a lot for your help!!
Lihini

Members don't see this ad.

lihini said:
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a school that offered a PharmD/MPH dual degree. My school currently offers a PharmD/MBA and a PharmD/MPA and you can also do a MD/MPH. The PharmD/MPH combination is not offered though. I am finishing my first year in the PharmD program and would like to pursue a PharmD/MPH with a emphasis on phamacoepidemiology or biostatistics if possible. But since this combination is not offered, I will have to define the dual-degree independently. I wanted to get an idea of how the curriculum would be set up at a school where this option was offered so that I can use it as a guide.
Let me know if any of you have either done this type of dual degree or know of any school that offers such a combination.
Also for the practioner's out there, in your opinion, is this a good option to pursue? My advisor pointed out that I could get the same benefit by taking the PharmD/MPA route instead. However I feel like MPH and MPA are pretty different programs and that MPH would suit my career goals better. Thanks a lot for your help!!
Lihini

USC has PharmD/MPH program

U of Maryland - Baltimore does too.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi lihini!!!
I am also looking into schools with the dual Pharm.D/MPH program. I know both Ohio State University and the University of Iowa have this program and what's so great about these schools is the fact they both have accredited pharmacy programs and MPH programs. I'm not too sure if the USC's and Univeristy of Maryland's MPH program is accredited by the ASPH (someone correct me if i'm wrong), but their pharmacy schools are great and accredited, so it's really up to you if you want a school that has both programs accredited or just one program (the Pharm.D).

When are you applying for admission and what would be your concentration for the MPH degree if you do not mind sharing? Thanks!! :)

ok sorry don't mind my last two questions i didn't read your OP thoroughly!!! :rolleyes: