Schools that review apps chronologically / silent reject?

noflag

2+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Anyone know of schools that definitely review apps in order. Wondering if I'm been passed up at the rest of my schools where i haven't heard from. Was complete early July at most places so wondering if i need to accept that my II season is over

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Anyone know of schools that definitely review apps in order. Wondering if I'm been passed up at the rest of my schools where i haven't heard from. Was complete early July at most places so wondering if i need to accept that my II season is over

You cant assume

1) any school does a solely chronological order review
2) any school was doing major amounts of application review prior to September
3) any school does a silent absolute rejections just piling up for the garbage
4) that anything ain't over 'til it's over

Focus on what you are doing now, especially if you are still in school and may have a reapplication in your future. It seems so counter-intuitive to me that if you even suspect you may have been rejected, that you would focus every bit of time, energy and effort into improving for a possible reapplication. All this does is increase your Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt, the dreaded FUD factor

studentdocftw

M4
2+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Even if they did pass over you on the initial run through, who's to say your app wasn't placed in the "come back later" pile? There's no way of knowing whether or not you've been rejected this early...unless they outright state it.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Even if they did pass over you on the initial run through, who's to say your app wasn't placed in the "come back later" pile? There's no way of knowing whether or not you've been rejected this early...unless they outright state it.
By the just yesterday I learned of an MD instructor in clinical skills who was waitlisted into med school the day before classes started. Someone did not show up he was the first live person the school spoke to on the waitlist.

It ain't over 'til it's over