Schools that say "No Online coursework accepted"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xBODOMx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For some schools the MSAR states that they do not accept online pre-req course work.

Are they talking about schools that are completely online (like univeristy of phoneix) and my University has an Online school that only online degree students can take, but mine also regular university classes with mixed online classes, but my degree is normal / on campus?

I had to take one of my pre-reqs online due to availbility. Does anyone know?
How does it appear on your official transcripts? If it is the same course number as the in-person class, and isn't marked as "Taken online" the school should have no way to know.

How does it appear on your official transcripts? If it is the same course number as the in-person class, and isn't marked as "Taken online" the school should have no way to know.

I agree with this; not only that, but usually they're referring to your science courses. Not ALL courses. The online science courses are not accepted because they lack a practical lab environment.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you took any pre-reqs online it most likely wont count no matter if the university has a mix of online and class etc

There's a difference between a class being largely online and what's considered an "online" or "distance-learning" class. For instance, my microbio class was pretty much all online lectures and we would just show up for exams. Distance learning often doesn't have you showing up for exams even (take them at home, or at some satellite center) and frequently is a program-wide thing.