Schools that strictly enforce pre-secondary screening and DO letter

DameJulie

2+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
What are some schools that strictly enforce their pre-secondary cutoff screening and/or REQUIRES a DO letter (MD ones not acceptable)?

lnguyen1412

2+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2015
Status
Medical Student
WVSOM is the one I know about the DO letter.

jcve34

Hic Sunt Leones
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
WAMI
UNE: if you don't have their pre reqs done at the time of application they'll reject you.

sdhere1234

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2016
UNE: if you don't have their pre reqs done at the time of application they'll reject you.
They rejected me for not "completing 6 credits of english/writing" even though I gave them proof that my classes in psychology and philosophy counted as "writing" courses, specifically stated by my undergrad institution.

Reactions: Alienman52
May 11, 2016
PCOM...I stated this before, but they don't budge if you don't have 3 instructors or a committee letter...

LECOM- instant letter.
UIWSOM-they got bombarded, because they are the only general pool Texas school other than Baylor.

May 11, 2016
@Plastic156600sub3 do you know what are the stats for the UIW pre-secondary screen?
No. Unfortunately, they did not elaborate.

The letter said, "Should you choose to re-apply in the future, we encourage you to continue to learn more about the osteopathic medical profession and further develop your application and resume. Common areas which can be strengthened include, but are not limited to: MCAT scores, grade point average, community service involvement, and knowledge of the healthcare industry from work/shadowing experience."

In essence, it was kind of a blah, blah, blah generic response. :penguin: