Schools that take highest MCAT vs avg vs. something else

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lacrossegirl420

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there a list of this floating around somewhere? can't find one for some reason

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
@lull : no, got it a while ago! i do know there was a score release yesterday though
Are you planning a retake? The problem with any list you might dig up is that adcoms have told us repeatedly that "official" school policies are not always followed by individual adcom members, who vote and have their own biases, so you always have to assume that all scores will be considered, regardless of the policy.

I found this ^ Also, kudos to University of Hawaii pre-health for being so put together?
One of several problems with that list is that one would have to know the exact question asked and how it was interpreted.
For example, even schools whose members include all scores in their evaluation might reasonably answer "latest" score or "highest" score as the answer for how they report MCAT's in the aggregate for matriculants. Their assessment of applicants might be quite different.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
how they report MCAT's in the aggregate for matriculants

I never thought about this before, so how schools report their MCAT matriculant data for MSAR differs? some schools will report averages for matriculants with multiple scores, and others will report the latest/highest?

schools dont report it to MSAR. Data is taken for the acceptees and matriculants to that school via AMCAS ID numbers.
And, correct me if I'm wrong, you have already said MSAR reports the latest score, regardless of what the school uses, correct?

schools dont report it to MSAR. Data is taken for the acceptees and matriculants to that school via AMCAS ID numbers.

and are the MSAR scores averages, highest, latest?

and are the MSAR scores averages, highest, latest?
I am almost positive that @gonnif has previously stated that AAMC pulls the latest, even though they recommend that schools average. :cool:

I am almost positive that @gonnif has previously stated that AAMC pulls the latest, even though they recommend that schools average. :cool:

do you read through old forums as a pastime?

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
do you read through old forums as a pastime?
Nope. I spend so much time here, that I am pretty sure I remember him saying it. If I went through the old forums as a pastime, I'd have posted the link for you. :laugh:

I never thought about this before, so how schools report their MCAT matriculant data for MSAR differs? some schools will report averages for matriculants with multiple scores, and others will report the latest/highest?
No, MSAR has direct access...and reports the last score.
This may have given schools the impression that the "right answer" to this question is "the last score."
Schools often post stats on their webpage, to their donors and many other places, as well.

Last edited: