Schools that take the retaken Classes grade vs schools that take the avg'ed grade

FlippinChink

10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Does anyone know what schools take the averaged grade, if you retake a class, and they take the average between the two grades and the schools that just take the higher grade?

I'm just curious because my gpa is a 2.65. But if schools took the higher grades from those 7 classes I retook and calculated it into my gpa without the lower pre-retaken grades, my gpa would be 0.5 higher than it is right now bringing it to a 3.15gpa and my science gpa would change froma 2.1 to a 2.8. And I realize it would make a heck of a difference. I know I meet the minimum requirements with some schools, but do you think I have a chance if my pcat score is an 85? I'm actually retaking the pcat again in October, because I feel like I have a good chance at a 90. And I'll have a bachelors degree by next May. I'm really crossing my fingers that someone will accept me.

Swanchick84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2005
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
If you are applying to PharmCAS schools, the PharmCAS will automatically average the two grades. Hope that helps.

ADN1226

Class of 2012!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 21, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You can try looking at specific school's websites - sometimes they have their grades forgiveness policy.

About the Ads

Charles01

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Ferris State in Michigan does this, except you cant' get below a 2.0 in any of the classes. If you get a 2.0 or higher, you can re-take a pre-rep without penalty.

farmskool

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
University of Missouri-Kansas City has "academic forgiveness". They replace, not average.

About the Ads