Schools that take the retaken Classes grade vs schools that take the avg'ed grade

• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

FlippinChink

10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Does anyone know what schools take the averaged grade, if you retake a class, and they take the average between the two grades and the schools that just take the higher grade?

I'm just curious because my gpa is a 2.65. But if schools took the higher grades from those 7 classes I retook and calculated it into my gpa without the lower pre-retaken grades, my gpa would be 0.5 higher than it is right now bringing it to a 3.15gpa and my science gpa would change froma 2.1 to a 2.8. And I realize it would make a heck of a difference. I know I meet the minimum requirements with some schools, but do you think I have a chance if my pcat score is an 85? I'm actually retaking the pcat again in October, because I feel like I have a good chance at a 90. And I'll have a bachelors degree by next May. I'm really crossing my fingers that someone will accept me.

Swanchick84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
If you are applying to PharmCAS schools, the PharmCAS will automatically average the two grades. Hope that helps.

ADN1226

Class of 2012!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
You can try looking at specific school's websites - sometimes they have their grades forgiveness policy.

About the Ads

Charles01

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Ferris State in Michigan does this, except you cant' get below a 2.0 in any of the classes. If you get a 2.0 or higher, you can re-take a pre-rep without penalty.

farmskool

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
University of Missouri-Kansas City has "academic forgiveness". They replace, not average.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.