MD & DO schools to apply to with mcat 496, waiting on new one and gpa 3.6, 3.5 science

Dede77

2+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
wondering which schools I would have the best chance in since i'm waiting for my scores from the july mcat. Please let me know any advice for schools you would think I would have a good shot at. I got one interview last year based on these stats and they loved everything about me except my score, so assuming (hopefully) my mcat goes up. what do you guys think? bc I really don't want to waste any money on schools I don't have a chance in. I got msar and just did 3 or 4 md schools based on my stats, but not too sure about DO schools...

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Don't apply with a 496...that's asking for an autoreject. They're not going to wait for your new score, either.

Your MCAT is lethal for most DO schools as well.

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
Unless you fit the mission for a mission based school, or come from a very lucky state, it's hard to imagine which 4 MD schools you have identified.
You may be mis-interpreting the graphs. The new MCAT data in the MSAR is for applicants to the school, not matriculants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Goro