schools w/ online secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cp00739

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
could SDNers start to compile a list of the schools with online secondaries? and if they are really nice, add a link under the school to help out others??

thanks all!!

Members don't see this ad.

this is the one from last year, courtesy of Drako:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm" target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm</a>

bookmark it! :p :D

Foxy, there are 2 lists on Drako's site, one for schools taking paper copies of AMCAS (for last year's nightmarish AMCAS on-line debut!) and one for on-line secondaries. They're no longer labeled (at least I can't see the labels anymore). Do you remember which is which?

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by SMW:
•Foxy, there are 2 lists on Drako's site, one for schools taking paper copies of AMCAS (for last year's nightmarish AMCAS on-line debut!) and one for on-line secondaries. They're no longer labeled (at least I can't see the labels anymore). Do you remember which is which?•••••the one on the right used to be the secondary application links :)

oops, I don't even check the links when I post them! :oops:

ok I just checked and they're still labelled when I view them. :confused: The right side is covered by the geocities pop-up ad, but that's where it says Secondaries. :)

will schools notify you if you should work on the secondary online?

Yes. I think the only school where I went ahead and did the secondary online anyway was Albert Einstein. All other schools (like MCW, Creighton, UCLA, etc) notified me to go the website and complete the secondaries.

you mean schools don't even tell you that their secondaries are online?

no, you should go and check each website just to be sure...some schools have them there and won't tell you, and it could take months for them to get out the secondary if you don't fill out the one online (ie mt sinai) :wink:

Just as Doctora Foxy said (btw congrats on UF). You should check each school individually for instructions. For example Harvard sends you a website with an ID and password after they have received the AMCAS information. University of Miami does not have one online and will send you a paper application if they are intereted in you. Another category is Yale. You can turn in the secondary before you even turn in your AMCAS (it is online).

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctora Foxy:
•ok I just checked and they're still labelled when I view them. :confused: The right side is covered by the geocities pop-up ad, but that's where it says Secondaries. :) •••••:confused: I still can't see the headings!! :( (Just updated my browser, maybe that's the problem.) But the links that Drako's added at the bottom (appz status, and checklist) are great!!

Everyone who's applying this year, bookmark <a href="http://http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm" target="_blank"> this site</a> now!!!

I would do the on-line secondary for any school that lets you get to their secondary without a password (unless of course they specifically say not to, but this was not the case with any of my schools that had an accessible-without-a-passwword on-line secondary). I took the August MCAT last year, but did many on-line secondaries immediately after submitting my AMCAS, and I think this helped me get interviews in time to get some acceptances and not just all waitlists.

can someone post the website for Baylor's online secondary? I saw it a week or so ago but I can't find it now--thanks a lot--

Just go to Drako's site! :rolleyes: You will find it helps to read threads before posting questions! :wink:

UAB is not listed, but its secondary is online as well. It took a grand total of 5 minutes to fill it out! They send you the url and directions on how to get on if they want you to fill it out.

SMW,

You said that last year, you sent in E-Supps right after sending on your AMCAS? Can you tell me which schools these were cuz I just went through some of my schools and none of them allow me to send in a supp without a PIN #.

Thanx

SMW,

the information on Drako's site features links from last year--that is why I was asking for the current link to Baylor's secondary :rolleyes: but I appreciate your answer :wink: does anyone know how to get to this year's Baylor sec? thanks a million for the help--

•••quote:•••Originally posted by gbv:
•SMW,

the information on Drako's site features links from last year--that is why I was asking for the current link to Baylor's secondary :rolleyes: but I appreciate your answer :wink: does anyone know how to get to this year's Baylor sec? thanks a million for the help--•••••If you can't find it on their website, it's probably not there...just look around :)

Although the site was designed (with url) for last year application cycle, the urls/links should still work for this year. I have checked most of the links and they are working fine. Some of them will not lead you directly to the actual secondary itself, but to a page with important information to anyone who is going to fill out a secondary. I deemed that such information is a necessary read so that you don't mess up your application. It is better to be safe than be sorried in this process. Wouldn't you agree?

Again, if you find anything new that you believe might benefit your fellow applicants, please email me so that I might update the page as needed. I am still watching the forums here at SDN for updates, but I might miss a piece of information here and there.

Good luck!

Drako, I just wanted to say thank you. It's really nice of you to do this for SDN! :D :clap: