schools with good financial aid packages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fastnfurious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know which schools have enough money to give out good financial aid packages?

I know Duke and Stanford do because on their site it says how much they can give away each year...

Members don't see this ad.

UCF - Free... I heard Mayo gives $25,000 to every student.

free as in need-based?? also I think UCF doesn't like taking a lot of out of staters so would that still apply to them??

Members don't see this ad :)
stanford student average debt is consistently the lowest for schools charging tuition and fees..
duke and washu give a lot of merit money (and washu has the largest mstp), so that skews their fin aid stats. i don't know if their need-based aid is better than average.

i would imagine really rich schools/universities (like stanford) have the best fin aid

Cleveland Clinic- if your willing to do the 5yr route(requires a research year)
Mayo- as stated in earlier post
Vanderbilt- gives lots of scholarships.
WashU- gives lots of scholarships and I hear has pretty good need based aid.
UMich- scholarships/grants.

When I talked to a UCF representative he told me that they would only be able to make it free for the first set of students (the ones starting this fall). At the time he said that it won't be free entirely after that but they will do there best to give the most they can.

Unfortunately he said the scholarships are based off of donations. I don't forsee hefty donations coming in with this economy.