Schools with inhouse written End of Rotation exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDpride

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
List of schools with In-House End-of-rotations exams. Please post

Does residencies look differently towards candidates from school with national standardized End-of-Rotation Shelf exam vs school with In-House End-of- Rotations exams?

My school has In-House End-0f rotation exams. that means exams are written by selected clinicians among those with whom we rotate.

Questions are same for everybody. So chances are that Qs get shared intentionally or unintentionally among friends giving rotations at different times.

Members don't see this ad.

Des Moines University (DMU) has in-house post-rotation exams. I'm a 4th year interviewing for residencies right now and have not once been asked about it. A lot of us did very well on Step II, so I don't think it is a huge issue.

UNE has in-house. no one cares on the interview trail. It really doesn't matter because no one knows how your exams are weighted in your grades. Some schools you don't have to pass your end of rotation exams, others you do.

Last edited: