schools with low mcat avg.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jm2003

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wat r the schools with a low mcat avg.??

Members don't see this ad.

Florida State's average is only about a 26. Granted, it's only their 3rd year so I'm sure it will rise in time. They only take FL residents.

University of Hawaii

Members don't see this ad :)
michigan state's avg is around 27.5

Perhaps it would be best to include schools that take a substantial percentage of out of state applicants. We could list of ton of schools in the 27-28 range not considering residency status.

Disenchanted are you a Texas resident? If so you got nothing to worry about. Your odds of being accepted are excellent.

are you serious sky!!?? WOW, THANKS for that encouragement.....you just saved me from a major depressive episode.
But to answer your question, yes I am a texas resident. I have a high GPA but a #%$##$ low MCAT .....urg.....:( I applied and got three interviews and I was wondering what my fate is.!!??

university of vermont

If you're out of state applying to Vermont, you need to be strong. They have an objective to educate people that want to work in and stay in Vermont, rural medicine. So, being from there makes getting in easier. But there numbers aren't that low. There are other state schools that have lower numbers like 8's for MCAT values. Vermont is a good school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by LP1CW
If you're out of state applying to Vermont, you need to be strong. They have an objective to educate people that want to work in and stay in Vermont, rural medicine. So, being from there makes getting in easier. But there numbers aren't that low. There are other state schools that have lower numbers like 8's for MCAT values. Vermont is a good school.

i agree that vermont is a good school. it is true you may have to have higher than their averages to get in if you are out of state, but at least you can apply there as an out of stater and have a shot at acceptance. most other state schools with low averages are not open to out of state applicants.

why cant every state help out their residents like this?????? i hate ny! i think that is so unfair, since there are many states that actually will give preference to residents instead of just "saying" they do... grrr

Stony's average MCAT is 32? Damn, that's not bad.

I don't think that table is very accurate.

Originally posted by Abraham
3.14 gpa to howard what the hell?? and a 7.86 avg on mcat? wow! One hell of a combo.
oh no. now you've done it.

that chart must be years old b/c im pretty sure finch and drexel dont both have GPAs in the 3.2-3.3 range.

Originally posted by exmike
that chart must be years old b/c im pretty sure finch and drexel dont both have GPAs in the 3.2-3.3 range.
they're higher or lower now?

Drexel and Finch both have gpa's in the 3.45 range last time I checked. That was when I was applying...(but I have the MSAR from 2 years ago so things could have changed).

Originally posted by facted
Drexel and Finch both have gpa's in the 3.45 range last time I checked. That was when I was applying...(but I have the MSAR from 2 years ago so things could have changed).

that would be correct

My friend got into Vermont from out of state with a 24 on his/her MCAT... how do you like them apples!?!