Schools with Midwest regional preference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omegaz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from an upper midwest state with no DO medical schools. Are there any schools in the midwest that prefer students like me?

Members don't see this ad.

I live in Wisconsin and I have gotten love from DMU, KCUMB, and MUCOM. I did not apply to CCOM but I imagine they would have shown me some love. I imagine KCOM would be interested too.

None of the other schools on the east coast have offered interviews. Coincidence?

Reactions: 2 users
I live in Wisconsin and I have gotten love from DMU, KCUMB, and MUCOM. I did not apply to CCOM but I imagine they would have shown me some love. I imagine KCOM would be interested too.

None of the other schools on the east coast have offered interviews. Coincidence?

Midwest hospitality. Roots.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools save spots for students from states with no medicals schools. I don't remember which ones though

^ I think those are the WICHE states. I am not sure of central United States.

Reactions: 1 user
You really couldn't just say Minnesota?

Reactions: 2 users
KCOM sure does live the midwest peeps no matter their latitude.

I'm from an upper midwest state with no DO medical schools. Are there any schools in the midwest that prefer students like me?
I'm also a Minnesotan and there are like 7 of us in my class at RVUCOM c/o 2018.