This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1038378

:alien:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Albert Einstein
Drexel

Reactions: 1 users
Albert Einstein
Drexel
Einstein is only short if you have no deviation from a “traditional” application. They have like 20 yes/no questions that can trigger a prompt.

Really?!!! Pick schools that are consistent with your stats and that you want to attend. After all you've done to attend medical school, using schools with no secondaries or very short secondaries as a funnel seems unwise.

• Okay...
  • Dislike
Really?!!! Pick schools that are consistent with your stats and that you want to attend. After all you've done to attend medical school, using schools with no secondaries or very short secondaries as a funnel seems unwise.
To play devil's advocate, what is there to lose by adding a school like NYMC after you have completed the rest of your secondary applications? If the goal is to get into ~a~ medical school, why not try to get the most bang for your buck. If you've already spent $3k and hundreds of hours on crafting your applications, why not spend another $150 dollars and 10 minutes of your time to increase your chances (as little as it might be)?

Reactions: 5 users
To play devil's advocate, what is there to lose by adding a school like NYMC after you have completed the rest of your secondary applications? If the goal is to get into ~a~ medical school, why not try to get the most bang for your buck. If you've already spent $3k and hundreds of hours on crafting your applications, why not spend another $150 dollars and 10 minutes of your time to increase your chances (as little as it might be)?
Word. Although I'm not picking schools based on secondary length, I'm definitely prioritizing schools with shorter secondaries earlier (once my top choice schools are done). That way a greater number are done earlier, rather than push a bunch later for the sake of a couple schools.

Increasing your odds by applying to every school that you want to attend, have a chance of getting into, and can afford makes sense to me. Using secondary length as a funnel seems short-sighted, given that you have spent thousands and thousands of hours preparing to apply.

Last edited: