• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Stayce

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2001
Status (Visible)
Which schools have you applied to this year or last? Which schools were you accepted to, interviewed at, been accepted to, or rejected from? I'll start and hopefully we can get some good info exchange on schools.

Applied to:
Rocky Mountain College
Red Rocks Community College
Southern Illinois University
Kettering College of Medical Arts
NYIT

Have not heard a word from any of them except that they FINALLY got my info from CASPA.

rdennisjr

SDN Super Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2000
Omaha, NE
Status (Visible)
Hey Stayce:

I'll through mine in even though I'm an oddball.

Applied to: Interservice Physician Assistant Program (IPAP) at Fort Sam Houston, TX (military)

Accepted and just started the junior trimester. :clap:

Dennis

paschoolhopefull

15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2002
Status (Visible)
Hi there! This is the type of discussion that Ive been looking for! I have applied to CU, Pacific, OHSU, Baylor, Yale, Duke, Emory, and Red Rocks. Ive gotten interviews at Duke, Emory and CU. Supplementals from OSHU and Red Rocks. Total rejection from Pacific. Go figure! There is a good account about an interview experience at Red Rocks on the physicianassociate.com website. It's from 2000 or 1999 I think, but there are some sample questions. I can tell you about my experience at CU if you want.
:p

About the Ads
G

G3

Here's my list:

CU - interview this Tues.
Arizona school of Health - interview this Feb
Pacific- flat out rejection
OHSU- waiting on response to supplemental app
Baylor- waiting

-has anyone already had interviews at any of these or other schools? How were they?

quasi

15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2002
San Francisco,CA
Status (Visible)
Interviews done at Touro college and got accepted, just finished one at Samuel Merritt, have one in Midwestern, Nova, St. Francis Univ., USC, and Quinnipiac.

Stayce

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2001
Status (Visible)
OK PEOPLE!!! I just received news that I have an interview at NYIT next Wed. Has anyone had any experiences relating to NYIT or advice in general for interviewing? It is my first interview and my heart rate has not leveled off since I got the news. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

paschoolhopefull

15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2002
Status (Visible)
Stayce-
I have had 2 interviews and here is what I have learned so far. Prepare for them by making up answers to commonly asked questions. That way you won't feel so spontaneous in your answers. First of all, go to the AAPA website and print out the list of commonly asked questions in PA school interviews. It is a really good list. I also have a book called "Getting into the PA School of Your Choice" by Andrew J Rodican. He spells out some good answers to those same common questions. I guess he's been on interview boards for a while, so he's pretty credible. Also, I got another book called "101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions" by Ron Fry. Although this book is for job interviews, there are many questions that carry over to school interviews. For instance, the daunting questions of "Tell me about yourself," or "What are your strengths/weaknesses." Ok, here is my other advice...Get to the interview early. Half an hour if you can. That way you have time to use the restroom, fix makeup, and most importantly, relax! Take slow, deep breaths and focus. Also, sit still and keep your hands folded calmly in your lap, unless you have some well controlled hand gestures to add to your speech. Don't fidget. Have eye contact with all the interviewers, with well timed glances to the side so that you aren't drilling a hole in their head with your gaze. Smile a lot. Ok, Im done rambling. These are just some tips I have accummulated. I know its much easier said than done. Good luck!

G

G3

Stayce,
I would agree with PAschoolhopeful. Check out the AAPA site. They have more info. concerning the PA profession than you would need. I would suggest looking at the essayedge.com site (ad on this site). Also look into the physicianassociate.com website. It's set up very nicely for interview feedback, but the # of participants is quite lower than this site. After doing all of the above, I felt quite relaxed at my interview at CU (though they didn't ask intensely difficult questions). The key for me was accepting the fact that there was a good chance of rejection, while maintaining confidence in my qualifications. That way, my confidence was in more control than fear.... Anyhow ...

GOOD LUCK! ;)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.