science classes beyond pre-med reqs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

larkrose

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm sure this has been answered before, but anyhow... I'm a Finance major at SUNY Binghamton and have taken all the pre-med classes, etc, but after reading the forums, seems like alot of the people in medical school recommend some classes. What other classes would you guys recommend, not necessarily that will look good or anything, but maybe a hint at future preparation? Also, something that would help in MCAT preparation; seems like alot of people say biochemistry is necessary? Thanks in advance and I would appreciate if you guys would have some tips in terms of taking stuff like biochem, genetics, or something among those lines in addition to the regular pre-med reqs..

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, if you just look down a few threads you'll find your answers.

Search feature comes in handy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

The number one class I would recommend for the MCAt is Physiology. There were a bunch of questions that I got that I used the knowledge from that class to help me answer. I would highly recommend you take it.

I think there were 4 genetics questions when I took the MCAt a few years ago.

Classes that would help you for preparing for med school are classes that expand your mind and make you think.

My recommended class list is

Physiology
Genetics
Immunology
Microbiology and or bacteriology
embryology
Human anatomy will teach you the very minimum basics

i agree 100% with what amy b said about physiology and the MCAT. another class i would recommend would be biochemistry....i know it's required here at the Univ. of FL and strongly recommended at other schools.