Science Course Requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anomorato

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that have already gained acceptance or applied to DO schools, did you have to take more upper level courses than required.
Not sure if I should take any other Bio or Chem courses ontop of the ones I already have.
Already took:

- Gen Chem I & II + Lab
- Basic Life Diversity (bio) + Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology + Lab
- Human Physiology + Lab
- Organic Chemistry I & II + Lab
- Physics I & II + Lab
- Pathophysiology

Thanks everyone

Members don't see this ad.

For those that have already gained acceptance or applied to DO schools, did you have to take more upper level courses than required.
Not sure if I should take any other Bio or Chem courses ontop of the ones I already have.
Already took:

- Gen Chem I & II + Lab
- Basic Life Diversity (bio) + Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology + Lab
- Human Physiology + Lab
- Organic Chemistry I & II + Lab
- Physics I & II + Lab
- Pathophysiology

Thanks everyone

nope...looks good to me

If my memory serves me correct some schools require Genetics and/or BioChem. I think KCUMB required genetics, but it has been a while.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the bare minimum (the ones you listed above minus physiology and pathophys) and was okay. The schools that require biochem or genetics will accept you and say you gotta take the class before starting... no biggie since if that happens, all you'll need is a C in it. There are only a couple of schools that require those classes.

If my memory serves me correct some schools require Genetics and/or BioChem. I think KCUMB required genetics, but it has been a while.

Genetics is worthwhile taking imo...it's interesting but it can quite difficult...I guess to be completely sure you should just research each school you plan on applying.