Science Course Requirements?

anomorato

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2006
  1. Pre-Medical
    For those that have already gained acceptance or applied to DO schools, did you have to take more upper level courses than required.
    Not sure if I should take any other Bio or Chem courses ontop of the ones I already have.
    Already took:

- Gen Chem I & II + Lab
    - Basic Life Diversity (bio) + Lab
    - Anatomy & Physiology + Lab
    - Human Physiology + Lab
    - Organic Chemistry I & II + Lab
    - Physics I & II + Lab
    - Pathophysiology

Thanks everyone

Pansit

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Feb 14, 2007
    1. Medical Student
      For those that have already gained acceptance or applied to DO schools, did you have to take more upper level courses than required.
      Not sure if I should take any other Bio or Chem courses ontop of the ones I already have.
      Already took:

- Gen Chem I & II + Lab
      - Basic Life Diversity (bio) + Lab
      - Anatomy & Physiology + Lab
      - Human Physiology + Lab
      - Organic Chemistry I & II + Lab
      - Physics I & II + Lab
      - Pathophysiology

Thanks everyone

nope...looks good to me

About the Ads

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Apr 2, 2003
      The best coast (west coast)
        I took the bare minimum (the ones you listed above minus physiology and pathophys) and was okay. The schools that require biochem or genetics will accept you and say you gotta take the class before starting... no biggie since if that happens, all you'll need is a C in it. There are only a couple of schools that require those classes.

Pansit

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Feb 14, 2007
        1. Medical Student
          If my memory serves me correct some schools require Genetics and/or BioChem. I think KCUMB required genetics, but it has been a while.

Genetics is worthwhile taking imo...it's interesting but it can quite difficult...I guess to be completely sure you should just research each school you plan on applying.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.