1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Science g.p.a

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by ronny7, Dec 30, 2008.

1. ronny7

2+ Year Member

Is the science gpa that podiatry schools consider taken from the same list of courses that is on the application which includes courses like nutrition and epidemiology or do they each have their own list of what they consider science courses?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. phillypd

phillypd doing BIG Dr things
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well i don't understand the question that well..............because when your filling out the application it tells you the science that you can list...........i think it's the usual bio, physics, chem, and orgo......i think you have to have at least 2 or 3 upper bio courses like biochem, anatomy, physio, and the like......some maths, englishes, sociology stuff also..............i think that's how it works......they will see all the sciences that you took once they see you transcripts anyway......it's not as intense as the amcas med school application

4. Robotjim

7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    The science gpa is just that, your gpa from all science courses taken, not just the pre reqs that you list on the app.. If you are unsure if a class should be included in your science gpa or not there is a list provided on the app that catogorizes classes for you.

5. StaphRx

2+ Year Member

Pre-Podiatry
    Happy New Year, everyone!

So I am confused about something. when you're calculating your GPA's, are you only calculating the sciences that they require? Or everything on the transcript?

Can I not enter grades for science courses that I took that don't pertain to the school's requirements?

I appreciate any advice and info. Thanks!

6. Gryhu

Gryhu Dom
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi Staph,

You have to include ALL science classes taken.

This Beauty will tell you what classes to include in science and which to include in non-science.

7. StaphRx

2+ Year Member

Pre-Podiatry

Awesome! Thanks, Bahaa! This manual is so helpful!