Science GPA, do public health classes count?

applecider23

Jan 15, 2013
  1. Pre-Dental
    Hi guys, I was wondering if public health classes will count towards the science/BCPM gpa?

Here are some classes I am not sure of:

PH 142: Introduction of Probability and Statistics in Public Health (biostatistics)
    PH 150A: Introduction to Epidemiology
    PH 162A: Public Health Microbiology

I was also wondering if a classified under molecular cell biology would automatically be considered for the science gpa?

For example: MCB 62: Drugs in the Brain.

Thanks for the advice

KittySquared

Kitty chompers
    7+ Year Member
    Apr 6, 2010
    7 seas
    1. Dental Student
      Epidemiology and public health microbio might be converted into sci classes in AADSAS. Might be a good idea to check with them. Because I know that most public health classes are mostly just public health classes and don't count towards science GPA.

About the Ads

Member902507

5+ Year Member
      Apr 25, 2012
      1. Pre-Dental
        Thanks for the replies. So based on the site, Public health is not considered science, but are they're cases when classes under the "non science" category is converted by AADSAS?

Thanks again for the help

I guess you could list it as what you think it is, and then let AADSAS correct it. Or call/email them and just verify. Math is also not considered to be in Science, or BCP. For med students, it's BCP"M", but for dental, it's just BCP. Good luck

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.