Science GPA Gambling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hansen44

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this alot and now I have to make the decision before the summer. What is your guys opinion?

I currently have a 3.52 Science GPA and 3.6 Academic. I need to take an additional 12 units (3 classes) at UCLA on top of my other degree requirements to get my B.S degree in Anthropology. The 3 courses have to be upper division. If I take 3 science courses and get solid A's in them my Science GPA will go to 3.55. Is this worth it? I mean if I don't get A's in these courses it can lower my science GPA. I could easily take the other route and take some UD courses that are less demanding and non science. If I take non science UD courses it could improve my overall GPA or lower as well but at least my science GPA would not be effected. Opinions? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hm, personally, I don't think the 0.03 difference b/w a 3.52 and 3.55 is too big of a difference... unless it was a 0.03 difference between a 3.57 and a 3.60 maybe :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't you take classes you want to take and forget about the GPA? Work hard and enjoy the time you have left as an UG. I think it's far more important to enjoy yourself and learn than do "easy" classes just to boost a GPA.

But that's just my opinion...

just do your best