Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Science GPA question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by russ123, Apr 17, 2007.

1. russ123

russ123 New Member

Pre-Medical
    Does a class have to include a lab to be counted in the bcpm, math obviously has no lab, but for my year of chem, there was lab, and the year of intro bio there was also lab. Now im taking classes like microbio and on genetics with no lab, i was wondering whether these would still be considered science classes? Also do psychology classes such as biopsychology count for the bcpm?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GreenShirt

Medical Student
    Any course from the biology, chemistry, physics, or math department, counts into your BCPM.

4. chickenlittle84

Pre-Medical
    It isn't just based on department, it is based on the content of the course. If you took a biochemistry of nutrition course through the nutrition department at your school, for example, it would count as either Biology or Chemistry. Statistics through a social science department would count as math, etc. According to what I was told by my pre-med advisor, if more than 50 percent of the coursework was biology, that is the correct classification, etc.