Science gpa...stressed out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DReject

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm so upset, I got mostly A's on my pre-med requiements-that's fine.
In my upper science courses, I got a few A's, mostly B or B+'s, and 2 C's. This semester, my grade in my upper science class was an A going into the final which I didn't do well on (I have no idea what happened) so anyways, I was 1.5 away from an A, and ended up with a B. It breaks my heart.

I have volunteering, lots of research, great LOR's. And my non-science gpa is 4.0, yet my science gpa is 3.5 or something like that.

How do I explain my many B's?
Thanks.

Dreject.

Members don't see this ad.

Just let'em know that you probably arent ready for the rigours of medical school since your gpa is soooooo loooow, but that you will work really really really hard and be the bestest most special medical student in the whole wide world and promise to bring krispy cream doughnuts to all the admins every monday morning.

Dude, seriously....I don't think you have much explaining to do. Go get a beer or something.

promise to send krispy kremes?? actions speak louder than words.....SEND the krispy kremes on a weekly basis and enclose a note with a nice floral arrangement to boot!

Members don't see this ad :)
DReject said:
Hey guys,
In my upper science courses, I got a few A's, mostly B or B+'s, and 2 C's. This semester, my grade in my upper science class was an A going into the final which I didn't do well on (I have no idea what happened) so anyways, I was 1.5 away from an A, and ended up with a B. It breaks my heart.

I have volunteering, lots of research, great LOR's. And my non-science gpa is 4.0, yet my science gpa is 3.5 or something like that.

Thanks.

Dreject.

You sound like a stereotypical, stressed premed man. Calm down. They're not going to ask you about your B's first of all (unless you had all A's and only one B). They might ask you about your C's though. When they do, don't make any excuses. Just tell them you found the course difficult.

You have nothing to worry about. No one is gonna question a 3.5 science gpa. You should worry about finishing up your personal statement or starting the AMCAS app.

You really do sound like a stereotypical premed.

I just hope you're not the type that freaks out and whines about how he badly he did, and then goes "Oh I got an A-."

Don't worry you'll be ok.

im soooo stressed. i got a 4.0 overall and a 4.0 science and no matter how hard i try i cant go any higher!!! i need help, please!!!!!!

I usually don't freak out. PPl around me say that your sciences must be close to perfect, and that freaked me out.

That's it! No more being stereotypical for me.
Time to watch laker game!

Thanks for yoyr replies.

DReject said:
Hey guys,

Thanks.

Dreject.

SHUT THE **** UP

good god, are you for real? if so you REALLY need to relax. 3.5 science gpa is fine, and paired with a 4.0 non? you have to be kidding me. lighten up. no one will ask you to explain Bs. good lord.

oh, and whoever these people are that say your sciences must be "close to perfect"...you need to stop listening to them. the avg gpa for most allo schools is ~3.5.

DReject said:
I usually don't freak out. PPl around me say that your sciences must be close to perfect, and that freaked me out.

Thanks for yoyr replies.
umm my science gpa is close a 3.1 and 3 acceptances so far.
close to perfect is over a 3.0 in my book :)

Dude lighten up. I got in with a science gpa of 3.4 and a cumulative gpa of 3.5. You are FINE. Just know how to work the interviewers and you're in

DReject said:

Thanks for yoyr replies.

That's why you shouldn't listen to "people around you." The more you learn about the process, the more you learn that most people (>75%) don't know jack.