Science GPA too low?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TripleHBK

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know this may be a recurring topic but I couldn't find any help in regards to my particular situation. I am going to be applying next cycle but my cGPA is 3.75 whereas my sGPA is a 3.5. My MCAT was pretty good also, in that I got a 518. I wonder if the large discrepancy in my science GPA will be an issue in my application? I ended up doing significantly poorly in 2 upper division CHEM classes so it impacted my sGPA a lot.

What do you guys think? Will this impact my chance at many schools especially those in New York?

Members don't see this ad.

You're fine

Reactions: 1 user
even UNC chapel hill BCMP gpa is 3.51 and that's a good med shcool; a 518 is a very high MCAT. you're fine

Members don't see this ad :)
Quit fussing, you're fine. The median sGPA for acceptees is 3.5. You're still competitive with a good list.

Hey Guys,

I know this may be a recurring topic but I couldn't find any help in regards to my particular situation. I am going to be applying next cycle but my cGPA is 3.75 whereas my sGPA is a 3.5. My MCAT was pretty good also, in that I got a 518. I wonder if the large discrepancy in my science GPA will be an issue in my application? I ended up doing significantly poorly in 2 upper division CHEM classes so it impacted my sGPA a lot.

What do you guys think? Will this impact my chance at many schools especially those in New York?