Science GPA vs Cumulative GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2fibby

Reaction score
Hey friends, Just another pre med curious about the medical community. So, I have a question regards to GPA and Medical school. I've been hearing a lot that Science GPA "matters more," than "cumulative GPA," and this kinda had me wondering. So, regarding this, I wanted to know where I could potentially stand. I have not completed my college degree just yet; however I do wanna share what my stats are so far.

I have a cGPA of 3.82, and an sGPA of 3.70. I'm kinda curious about whether that would be bad because there is quite a bit of a discrepancy between the two grade point averages. Is this bad for most medical schools? I really want to know.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey friends, Just another pre med curious about the medical community. So, I have a question regards to GPA and Medical school. I've been hearing a lot that Science GPA "matters more," than "cumulative GPA," and this kinda had me wondering. So, regarding this, I wanted to know where I could potentially stand. I have not completed my college degree just yet; however I do wanna share what my stats are so far.

I have a cGPA of 3.82, and an sGPA of 3.70. I'm kinda curious about whether that would be bad because there is quite a bit of a discrepancy between the two grade point averages. Is this bad for most medical schools? I really want to know.
You don't have a discrepancy.

An sGPA of 3.2 and cGPA of 3.8 is a discrepancy

Reactions: 4 users